Tuesday 12 October 2010

Day 30 - nearly over!

The last few days have been the busiest of my life. The main focus being prepping for Exercise Long Reach which takes place in the Black Mountains in Wales next week. In our teams we have been planning the route and all of the information/kit to complete the 60-80km navigation exercise that must be completed in less than 35 hours.

We have also been hammering the drill square in preparation for our drill test on Thursday. Desperatley revising the list of academy personalities which we are tested on. So far we have been pretty good, let's hope we can keep it up.

We also got our scores for the navigation assessment which I came joint first, which I was massively happy with.

We are also deep in prep for our final inspections which we must pass, along with the drill, navigation and cis test, to be 'taken off weeks 1-5'. Room inspections get less, we can personalise our rooms a bit, wear the RMAS stable belt and stop calling out the timings when doing drill. Anyone who fails will continue to do it until they are retested in week 8.

Everyone is now just counting down these last two nights before we get a well deserved weekend off. So if you are around this weekend and want to have a drink let me know.

Rob

2 comments:

  1. Both Emma and myself have been reading your blog Rob. Helpful tips for me and I think Emma likes to know what I'm letting myself in for as well as keeping up to date on McCrae affairs!

    I didn't think you'd have so much access to your phone, or the time to use it. Any little information like that, or things like "you get to personalize your room after week 5" are much appreciated.

    Also, you say two more nights, does that mean you're released thursday?

    Hope the last couple of days go well!

    Ed and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you did learn something in the Cascades?!
    CSM Tuffs

    ReplyDelete