Friday 17 September 2010

Day 5 - zzzZZZzzzZZZ

I'm feeling a bit sleepy writing this it has to be said.

Every morning we wake up and get 'on the line' (stood in a line outside our rooms) we all sing the national anthem which is then followed by downing a litre bottle of water, for some it is a gag inducing event, but it sets up our hydration for the day. We get ready, sort out our rooms and are ready to start the first lesson of the day. Today we had signals, weapon handling, a visit to the academy library, where we proceeded to fill our pockets up with sweets left unguarded at the reception. We had a gym induction and fitness test and a few more introductory lectures on PT, sport and chaplaincy. We all love the padres because they are a ray of humanity in an otherwise more angry cloudy day.

This evening was spent ironing yet more kit, 'squaring' our rooms away aswell as several hours of boot bulling, which I don't really mind because we can all sit together and chat merrily away whilst shining our shoes. I then spent another hour typing up stuff for the platoon. That's what I get for admitting my degree.

8 platoon is getting on well now, we are all becoming really close, our drill is coming on leaps and bounds and we are avoiding more of the telling offs. We have been joined by 3 overseas cadets, a Saudi, a Jordainian and a Bahraini, who are a real key part of the team. They are funny to be with and are always smiling... mostly.

I am missing home but I am having a good time here despite the tiredness. But as the commandant says "look to the finish".

I wonder if anyone is actually reading this stuff.

Until next time,
Rob.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah buddy we're keeping on top of it! Sounds like I'd have already wrapped it.
    Keep your chin up, only 4 weeks and a day until you get to come home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so far like a rather rushed life you're leading. Nice to know it's enjoyable however. I'll keep checking back to see how you're doing.

    -Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep at it dude, I always remember the advice my father said to me:

    "Never eat yellow snow."

    I've never looked back since... :)

    All the best..

    Peter

    ReplyDelete