Wednesday 15 September 2010

Day 3

The past few days have been unbelievably busy, we have been going none stop. We march at about a million miles an hour from lecture to lesson, only stopping for food which is consumed as quickly as we march.

The last 2 days have consisted of a number of lectures ranging from infantry platoon composition to finance and administration. We met the padres who are all top blokes and really nice to chat to. We were issued our uniforms which we've spent both evenings labelling and ironing. We've had various weapons demonstrations, drill lessons (lots of them!), a military swimming test and lots more kit has been issued.

Part of us longs for a classroom lesson just to rest our legs, but that longing fades when the warm cozy hall means you find the sleeping monster creeping up on you, which results in standing up in front of the whole company (not to me yet!).

The camera crew are focusing on one of the other companies so we don't get hassled by them often.

I have so much to say but it's 01.45 and I'm up at 5 so I'll write more when I can.

I'm still missing you all but I'm getting on alright here and I'm keeping happy!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment