Tuesday 23 November 2010

Day 73 - decisions decisions...

Right, where to start. Started last week with our junior navigation exercise which we were all a bit nervous about, I certainly was, due to the fact that it was pass or fail, the latter resulting in a retest and a back term. I had a good go at it and came out with a decent score (3rd in the platoon). Unfortunately the platoons average score was very poor putting us in a bad position in the soviergns banner competition. Which our colour sergeant screamed at us all of that night.

We have also been getting heavily involved with DIA and war studies. getting our nose into academics. That combined with the PT sessions as well as the weighted marches have been keeping us busy.

We spent a couple of days last week getting through our initial marksmanship tests. I managed to pass with some decent scores.

I am currently sitting on the bus half way through a regimental visit to the Royal Military Police. We spent the morning on Bulford looking at the GPD (general police duties) section and the SIB (special investigation branch). It's been really informative, not to mention a good break from the Sandhurst bullshit. We get back tomorrow lunch tine which will be nice.

Can't remember what I've got this week, but I'll let you know asap.

Rob x

4 comments:

  1. Man, your blog has convinced me that the army is the way for me, thanks for the insight and keep up the good work!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. really enjoy reading your blog. Looking forward to the next installment. I have my main board in Feb. so hopefully will be there in May.

    Kepp it up and please keep posting

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rob,
    Youre blog's great, keep up the good work and tell us all about it,

    Cheers,

    Laurence

    ReplyDelete