Tuesday 2 November 2010

Day 50 - progress made

So another week has passed since my last message so there should hopefully be lots to talk about.

Since returning from long reach the PT has ramped up a fair amount with PT Monday, double PT Tuesday, loaded march and PT on Wednesday with academy sports in the afternoon. We then had exercise first attack on Friday which was a full day of section attacks one after another, which was the best day I've had so far.

We returned thoroughly knackered and were 'volunteered' to do an inter company sports competition on the Saturday. I was lucky enough to in the cross country team, pffft. Saying that I did enjoy myself, I did the 6.3 mile course in 43 minutes which isn't too bad I suppose.

Sunday came round and we had Old College Sunday where our parents were invited to come and see what we do, and to have the chance to show off a little. We got dressed up, did some stands, chapel and a march past. It was a great day. We went out as a family to cinema but I fell asleep through most of it so I can't tell you what the film was about.

I went to bed at 2030 that night which was epic.

Yesterday we had a full day of range shooting, and today is all about the 7 questions and orders. Tonight I've been invited for drinks with the Royal Military Police which should be good.

We also had our progress board invterviews last week where we were told how well we are doing. The platoon is split up into the top, middle and bottom thirds. And I'm relieved that I am in the top third.

Anyway I've got to get back to lessons. Speak to you all soon!

Rob x

P.s I'm still waiting for you to send me some photos!

5 comments:

  1. on their way this week mate,

    Jack x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geek, knew you'd be in the top third. Be good to see you mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the expert training you received at CUOTC has paid off; we can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Well done, keep it going.

    CSM Bill Tuffs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting these - I'm on CC111 and am reading everything with great interest!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete