Monday 11 April 2011

Final Week!

Hello, I'm currently sat in my room and the sun is streaming through the window onto my back and I am in a fantastic mood. We've spent the last week and a half pretty much doing drill. The last couple of sessions have been several hours long and my arms are in clip at the moment but the thought of finishing the week and getting off for 3 weeks leave is more than compensating for that.

We also had the log race competition last week which was pretty tough physically but felt great to cross the line at the end. We finished behind the team we were racing against which left us a little down heartened, especially when out colour sergeant decided to give us the whole i'm disappointed in you speech, however it turns out we can 3rd over all which is a great result. We also had the military written test this week which we came out 3rd overall in as well. It's just a shame we couldn't keep our achievements going in the drill competition which we came last in, but I suppose we can't win them all.

However the biggest piece of news I have to tell you is that I was accepted into the Army Air Corp and once I commission here I will start my flying training. I so happy all my hard work has paid off, and I now have to get measured up and open my wallet for my mess dress.

Only 4 more days to go and I'll be home, so everyone back home better be ready for some drinks.

Rob xx 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the AAC - it was never in doubt. As far as drill is concerned; did you learn nothing from me?!!!!

    WO2 TUFFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob, still really enjoying reading this. I passed my AOSB recently but tore my ACL about three days after so I have a 2 year wait because of the surgery. Your blog is a massive incentive and keeps me really keen! thank you.

    Regards

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog, have really enjoyed reading through it and is inspiring me even more so to get my self to RMAS.
    Congrats on getting into AAC.

    Hope to hear more soon!

    SW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit late to this party but so much admiration for you, Rob! I hope the AAC has gone incredibly well and I am secretly hoping for another recent post about your career.
    Thank you ever so much for sharing your experiences here, it helps everyone involved with someone in Sandhurst to understand at least an inkling of what that life is like.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete